- Wed Online Registration closed. Your next chance to sign up is Friday at packet pickup. There will be a $10 day of fee added to the cost.
- Friday Packet Pick up at Mclain Cycle 8th St. 5pm to 7pm
- Day of sign up and packet pick up will be at start from 7:30am to 8:30am.
- Staging on Railroad St. in order of distance
60 State Championship Race in front
90 in middle
60 in middle
40 in middle
20 in back
- Welcome racers and introduction from the Traverse City Mayor, National Anthem at 8:55
- Race Starts at 9 am Sat Aug 3rd,
- The first 5 miles of the race are neutral and each group will have a lead and follow car. Do not pass your lead car.
- When the riders get between 4 and 5 miles on Cherry Bend Rd, the lead car will alert the riders that the race is starting and the 60 State Championship mile Lead car will increase the pace. The 90, 60 and 40 mile lead cars will remain neutral for 5 mins still rolling and then increase their pace.
- There will be a 5 min break between the groups.
- Figuring 20 mph average, riders should finish around these times.
- 20 milers the TART trail sections will be all neutral. There will be an E-bike lead out for the 20 and the racing won’t start until the are off of the TART and on Otto Road. They may be arriving at finish around 10-10:30.
- 60 the first racers from this group should finish about 12 noon.
- 40 the first racers from this group will be at about 11:15 am.
The 60 will be on the same course as the 90 milers but will NOT turn north on Eagle Hwy when they arrive in Lake Leeleanau. They turn South onto 641 towards Otto Rd.
- 90 the first racers from this group should finish about 1:30pm.
The 90 will be on the same course as the 60 milers and WILL turn north on Eagle Hwy when they arrive in Lake Leelnanau.
- After Party will be at Herman Park whenever ride is over. Parking is at the Sutton’s Bay High School.
- Food will provided by a local farm, which will consist of a pig roast, side dishes and salads, Beer from Jolly Pumpkin and Cider and Wine.
The United States Air Force will be at the finishes venue and also will be providing some volunteers to help direct traffic at the finish.
BATA Bike and Bus
Busses will run from noon until 7 to bring cyclists and bikes back to TC. There will be a $3 fee and the busses can carry 11 bikes and unto 20 people per trip. Busses will pick up cyclists in front of High School and Drop at Hall St in Traverse City. Here are the pick up times.
Buses 11:23 a.m.; 3:23 p.m. and 7:23 p.m.